Look in the mirror, and keep on shining..  

Posted by The Mad Botanist in

Deep in the Bible Belt area of Southwestern Virginia/ Northeastern Tennessee is a small yet strong, tight knitted occult/wiccan/pagan community growing quite rapidly. And (even more surprisingly) there doesn't seem to be much resistance to it from the born and raised Christian population here. No angry newspaper articles or protests, and even the two prominent metaphysical and occult shops in the area-Dilly's and The Atlantis-seem to have good business with the new "Religion Boom".
So I might be so bold as to say that the Bible Belt is breaking apart, or, rather, that the "Belt" isn't quite as strong as it used to be. Now of course I have absolutely nothing against Christians, despite what many people think of me. I believe in Freedom of Religion, just as the Constitution states. The unfortunate part is that many Christians don't. But that is another ranting for another day. Back to what I was saying.
What the cause of this recent growth in new age religions is I cannot be certain. The only thing I CAN be certain of is that my little corner of the world isn't the only place that this is happening in. Wicca is the fastest growing religion in the country. Don't believe me? Check out the non-partial organization known as Religious Tolerance's website.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_prac2.htm
But to be the fastest growing religion in the country can't be the only thing we are known for. We must show the great people of this great nation what we're all about. We don't worship "The Devil" as so many label us as doing, we don't hex and curse everyone that does us wrong. We are a peaceful people with many good things we could teach. If only given a chance, there are so many good things we could do for our amazing nation. If only. Another if only would be if the Magisterium-esque Evangelical community would live what they preach and be "tolerant" of other people. Other religions included. So I tell you out there, all you pagans and wiccans of the world, keep on shining your light so that others may follow.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 6, 2009 at Tuesday, January 06, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment