"No good deed goes unpunished" has always been one of my many mottoes, and it has never failed me. It's funny though, how I can say one thing, but do another. For instance, how I know that no good deed goes unpunished, but yet still attempt to do good deeds nontheless. It's a bit hippocritcal of me, I guess, but Hell, who actually takes their own advice? But as far as good goes, I always try to do right to everyone, and it pays off in the end I suppose. But then these freak of nature things happen where you were only trying to do the right thing, and it backfires, explodes, and destroys everything around you. Unfortunately they happen more often than not.
So my question is, why try to do good at all? I mean, if it always ends in disaster, what good is good? But, being the foolish and kind-hearted person that I am, I suppose that I can hope for the best, and that every good deed doesn't go unpunished. But then again, I hope for a lot of things.
It's funny, but I actually think I've caused more damage to myself and to all the people around me by doing good rather than being mean and nasty like the rest of the world. Misery loves company, they say. But I guess that's just the way I am, and I'll never stop trying to help people as much as I can, no matter what the consequences.
Perhaps it's because of other people being so mean and evil, that the good I try to do for them has the adverse effect. They, being so dark and miserable in their ways, can't handle it if someone sheds some kindness on them. Kind of like a body that rejects a medicine or antidote.
But, like I said, there is always hope. It seems as though hope is the only thing that us pitiful humans have left to cling to nowadays. Hope that the world really isn't as terrible as it seems. Hope that maybe one day we can be happy. And hope that maybe good deeds really don't go unpunished..
Zombies Run! 5k
10 years ago

